A Tiered Rose Birthday Cake


This little sweetheart loves all things glittery, and all things that involve flying unicorns.  So it seemed quite logical that she would request a tiered "wedding cake" for her birthday with a flying unicorn cake topper.  Wow.  Where do kids come up with these ideas?!?



After hearing her request, this is what I came up with.  It is actually the first cake I have ever made using icing decorator tips.  The boys have always been content with whatever I can make with a butter knife, whipped topping, and a few colored sprinkles, but I think this cake just raised the birthday standard around here.  (Translation:  more planning and work for the mama.)




"Ooooh, I love it!" she said.  "But I thought it would be round."  

In my defense, the word "round" had never come up in all the discussions about a tiered wedding-style cake.  Obviously at this point, she just had to be happy with it...and she was.



This was my favorite photo from the family birthday party.  It was the moment when she called out, "STOP, Daddy!  Don't light the candles!!!"  It turns out we needed to pause for a restroom break.





After singing Happy Birthday, and then Happy Birthday Cha-cha-cha, and then a Spanish version of Happy Birthday, she finally blew out the candles...which was a good thing because I was beginning to wonder how long it would take before Twilight Sparkle's tail would catch on fire.  Fortunately no toy ponies were harmed during this birthday celebration.





Next step:  digging in.  Happy birthday, Sweetheart!



(Note:  Twilight Sparkle and My Little Pony are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc.)


Haley D.  – (July 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM)  

That is one sparkliciously awesome birthday cake! You've definitely set a new standard. Happy birthday!

Unknown  – (July 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM)  

Good job on the cake, I can see one happy girl in the pictures.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP